10/20/2012 - G1-League and a new Fantasy League!!
Hey everyone! After a break, the Fantasy League will be back on track! This time we will be following the G-1 League! The league starts 10/22/2012, so make sure to create a team quickly!
Certain teams don't have a full announced lineup yet, and that's why they don't have 5 players. As the teams reveal their official lineup, we'll add them to the league so that you can buy them
One small change: Captains only give 1.5x the points now (rounded up) instead of 2x as it was too stronk back then. So your captain shouldn't be the HUGE impact in your team, although he's still important!
Important Note: Stand ins do not count for points! We will probably give more details in the following days!
08/25/2012 - Mouz Doto! Best Doto!!
As you probably heard, MUFC will not be playing The International 2. So that put us in a bit of a pickle, but the solution was quite simple (although not ideal). Pretty much what happened is this:
If you had any MUFC player, it was changed by the mouz player from the same position, also prices remained the same because otherwise it would've implied teams going over budget or having to delete those players from every single team that had them. So, bottom line, enjoy your singsing & co. because the real games start tomorrow!
08/21/2012 - Announcing League prizes!!
We gave the exclusive on Reddit, but now we're officially announcing The International 2 Fantasy League Prizes here! First of all I really want to thank
Dota Commentaries for their support from the beginning (and hey, the original Fantasy League idea came from Luminous himself!)
and for giving the main event prizes. Make sure you check their site, their commentaries, their Daily Show, which is awesome!! It's really really cool! Add them on facebook, twitter, your favorite Geocities Web Ring (man, I'm old...) and all that jazz!
They're worth it!
Same goes for NeoDota! Awesome guys and a great place to check on your favorite North American teams. Check their Vods on youtube, add them on facebook/twitter. Be sure to check them out! Now, without further ado: The prizes! The winner will be able to choose from this list whatever prize he wants, then the second will be able to choose, and finally the third! All the main prizes were donated by Dota Commentaries
- - 25 Beta Keys! Yes, TWENTY FIVE! To do whatever you want with them! You can even get 25 steam accounts and play 2 and a half inhouses by yourself!
- - A game of your own choice to be casted by LD and Luminous! Pick that game where you DOMINATED, and have them cast it and stream it, then show your friends how you're as good as Dendi! Or show that terrible game that was terribly funny, and they'll cast it in a light hearted way, with tons of laughs ensured!
- - An announcer pack from the Store. Make your Dota days brighter from now on with new and exciting announcers!
Also for the ones who score the most point in a single category (oh, yes, we track that down now, check the ranking pages!) There will be the following prizes
- - Most points based on Kills: Deus Ex GOTY Edition for Steam! (Prize offered by Nyko, the mysterious benefactor!)
- - Most points based on Deaths: Nuclear Dawn for Steam! (Prize offered by Nyko, the mysterious benefactor!)
- - Most points based on Assists: Awesomenauts for Steam! (Prize offered by Nyko, the mysterious benefactor!)
- - Most points based on GPM: Your choice of any DotaTV Tournament Pass, redeemable until the end of 2012! (Prize offered by NeoDota!)
Finally, the guys at Dotacommentaries want to give a prize to a random contestant! If your final score ends in 00 (like 100,200 or 1500), you'll go to a raffle. And the winner of that raffle will win 99 RANDOM TREASURE CHESTS. You know you want that! So many chests! And you can get it even if you do terrible! How awesome is that?? :D
So, those are the prizes, and if you needed an extra reason to join the League, now you have it!
08/21/2012 - The International 2 approaches! Get your own captain!
Hello everyone! I'd like to thank all of you who participated in our warm up league! And I want to congratulate the teams who won it, First 3 places
take the medals! What medals? You can see them in the trophy room! They're a bit shoddy, but they'll get nicer for TI2! After all this WAS a Warm-up league.
The real deal begins now, though, and we've made a few changes to our system based on your feedback! Mainly:
- - You'll be able to change your team's name ONCE, and only ONCE, if you go to the settings page. The reason we don't want to allow name changes in general is because after a few days you want to know who you're competing against and how they're faring, and if they keep changing names, well, that's not cool! However, many of you accidentally misspelled, misclicked or just failed at their nicknames and want a second chance, so a second chance you get!
- - New rankings by Kills, Deaths, Assists and GPM. If you can't win them all, at least you can say you're the best specialist! There are also prizes for the best at each category!
- - You can choose your captain now! And you can change him each day! By choosing a captain you get 1.5x the points (rounded down) you'd normally get with that guy, but be careful! If he goes into the negatives, you'll get more negative points! Choose your captain wisely and get an edge over the competition!
- - As we mentioned before, check the Trophy Room! If you win, apart from getting cool prizes, your name will be immortalized there!
With this, there will be no more changes to the League until the end of TI2. I'll be flying to Seattle to watch the matches quite a bit more closely and I won't have my development environment with me, so any other extras (Hint: Private Leagues is in the works) will have to wait until after TI2.
08/20/2012 - Small Player Price adjustments!
If you bought players recently, you probably realized that a few players are cheaper than they used to be! We took community feedback and slightly (and not so slightly) buffed some of the players that didn't receive so much love. Maybe they'll catch your eye now! =) And don't worry, no player went up in price!
08/14/2012 - Warm-up Fantasy League starts today!
Hey guys! First of all let me thank you very very much for all the support! We've been receiving LOTS of emails with feedback, ideas and corrections and we've spent the last few days adding many many cool features! (Check the news so that I don't flood reddit with the info!).
The Fantasy League has already 4700 teams by the time I'm writing this and it's pretty certain we'll get over 5000 by the time of The International! This is awesome!!
This is all thanks to you, sounds horribly cliched, but without you, it'd be me and my 5 friends playing against each other and it wouldn't be nowhere as fun. I can't express enough how happy we are about this, and now we're determined to give you the best possible experience! You made this possible! You're awesome! You could get Rampages with a Support Vengeful Spirit! =D
Finally, the good stuff! Remember when I told you about the possibility of a test run before the actual International? Well, it's here, and it starts TODAY! This is the schedule:
- Aug. 14, 2012 - Natus Vincere vs. mTw
- Aug. 14, 2012 - CLG vs. coL
- Aug. 14, 2012 - Orange Esports vs. EHOME
- Aug. 14, 2012 - Zenith vs. DK
- Aug. 15, 2012 - TongFu vs. LGD
- Aug. 15, 2012 - CLG vs. M5.Benq
- Aug. 15, 2012 - absolute Legends vs. EG
- Aug. 15, 2012 - EHOME vs. DK
- Aug. 16, 2012 - DARER vs. EG
- Aug. 16, 2012 - iG vs. MUFC
- Aug. 16, 2012 - Natus Vincere vs. DARER
- Aug. 16, 2012 - mTw vs. coL
- Aug. 17, 2012 - TongFu vs. iG
- Aug. 17, 2012 - LGD vs. MUFC
- Aug. 17, 2012 - M5.Benq vs. absolute Legends
- Aug. 17, 2012 - Orange Esports vs. Zenith
The matches will all be "Played" at 18EST (ie 00CEST). It will probably be really late for many, but it doesn't really matter, as the matches will be FAKE matches. It's not the teams playing but rather we'll grab old matches where those teams played, and load them as if they had just played them. Also that way, we give chance for everyone to fully finish their preparations and change their mind last minute!
You'll get the points based on the players performances just as if this were the real thing, but don't get too excited. POINTS WILL BE RESET BACK TO 0 after the weekend, so that everyone gets a clean start for TI2.
This also mean that exactly AFTER the first match, players will sell for 80% of their original price So make up your mind quickly!
It's important to mention that as these are OLD matches (all of them less than 2 months old though), you shouldn't take this into account as the current form of the players, so if you see someone performing amazingly well or terrible, well, it means nothing at all! We're just testing this time. Whoever wins this mock league though, will go to our Trophy Page (currently being developed) as the First Fantasy League winner and will stay there FOREVER. So while there are no prizes this time, glory is yours to take!!
Speaking of prizes, For The International 2? We WILL have prizes. We'll announce them later during the week though, so stay tuned!
Once again, thanks for making this happen, you're wonderful, and I hope you stay tuned, there will DEFINITELY be new features before TI2!
08/13/2012 - Twitter everywhere!
We have a new Twitter account! https://twitter.com/DAFantasyLeague Make sure you follow us so that you get your news right away!
Also if you go to your team's page, you'll find a Tweet button. Use it to show your team to your friends! Suggest them to follow your team so that they can see who's the best team in the league!
08/13/2012 - Canada compatible version! - Also, Search enabled.
and most functionality will still be disabled, but at least you'll be able to buy and sell your players.
In another news, if you go to the Rankings page, you'll be able to Search for teams by name. Find your friends and add them easily now!
08/12/2012 - Most Picked Players
Now you can check the most (and least) frequently bought players in the Rankings Menu: Most Picked Players
08/12/2012 - TEST League incoming
From Tuesday to Friday, we'll be loading some FAKE matches to test the fantasy league at 19:00CEST. Go to the match list to see them.
Your teams WILL GET POINTS for this, but for fairness sake Points will be reset to 0 before The International 2 begins. So hurry up and make your team if you haven't already! Maybe you can win this test run!
08/12/2012 - New Follow System and non-global rankings!
You can now Follow a team from their TEAM INFO page. Following a team does a couple things:
- You can check your rankings compared to the teams you're following. Follow all your friends, and/or your favorite community stars, and try to beat them!
- For each person that follows you, you'll rank higher and higher in the "Most Followed List"! Be the one everyone wants to beat!
Remember that following is unilateral, you can follow someone even if that person doesn't follow you, If you want to make a subleague with all your friends, make sure everyone adds everyone. We will probably implement proper sub-leagues in the near future, though, so stay tuned!
08/12/2012 - A few clarifications
First of all, thanks for the continued support! Getting 3,500 teams in one day was a huge success for us! And even though the servers weren't
in their best behavior, it's been perfect so far!
Lots of people are asking questions that aren't in the FAQ, so let me clear them here:
Can I have more than 5 players? Do I get points for all of them?
Yes, and yes. You can have up to 10 players and all of them will add (or subtract) points to your team! Why not 5? Well, personally I think that limiting to 5 players would entice people to create their "Dream team" (with economical limitations of course), while having to pick up to 10 leaves way to more strategy. Should I go for 5 REALLY GOOD PLAYERS? Should I go for a balanced mix? Decisions! Decisions!
In any case nothing stops you from creating your own rules and compete with your friends using those rules.
Why isn't [insert player/team here] in the league???
The league will run during The International 2 using only those games, and as such, there's no point in having players from other teams YET. TI2, as well as LAN tournaments are ideal for this kind of league, as you know that there will be no standins, which can screw with a player-based fantasy league. In any case, rest assured that there will be more fantasy leagues after TI2 including all your favorite teams!
Login doesn't work for me! It takes me to a blank page!
We're working on fixing that. Unfortunately our openID library (the one that sends you to steam to log-in) works by doing something that ad blockers HATE WITH A PASSION (invisible form submitting). That's hideous design, and there has to be a workaround. We'll be working on finding it and/or rewriting the library (yay, open source!) to circumvent that issue. Changing libraries is not an option now, that all users are created, unfortunately :/. In the meantime, disable your ad blocker while signing in. You can turn them back on afterwards. The page has no ads to be blocked anyways. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience :(
I'm Canadian and I cannot log in!
I keep seeing Error 500 pages every once in a while.
This one's weird. At this point I know what causes, but I don't know exactly why that's caused. Will try to find out. If you have experience with apache/wsgi/django stacks on unix servers, please send me an Email. Maybe you can help me find the issue.